Matthew L. Leibert
Managing Principal – Data Management
610.935.5577 / Remote contact: 570.730.2395
Valley Forge, PA
Mr. Leibert joined Environmental Standards in 2023 as Managing Principal – Data Management. In this role, he oversees all functions of the Data Management Team and provides leadership and guidance on client projects. Over his 20 years of progressive experience in information technology leadership, he has developed an approach to driving success through excellent operations support and leadership activities.
Prior to joining Environmental Standards, he was a Chief Information Officer and Director of Information Technology for a city government office in a metropolitan area. There, he worked as a member of the Executive Team and was responsible for information technology strategy, platforms, and services citywide. He coordinated the Project Team responsible for the design and build of service-oriented geographic information system (GIS) architecture, which supported enterprise integrations. And he effectively introduced geospatial data analytics capabilities across business units to better support executive decision-making. Additionally, he modified processes related to utilities, which improved customer experiences and also provided an intelligent view of customer accounts. His proven abilities for augmenting the quality and value of deliverables and his understanding of what it takes to support and grow successful teams have allowed him to transition seamlessly into his current leadership role.
His fields of competence include:
- Data Analytics
- Geospatial Technologies
- IoT & Infrastructure
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity
- Software Development
- Database Design
- Master Data Governance
M.S., Environmental Science, Shippensburg University, Shippensburg, Pennsylvania, 1995.
B.A., Geography and Planning, Bloomsburg University, Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania, 1993.
Society for Information Management – 2015 to Present.
Executive Leadership Certificate – Harvard University Kennedy School of Government – 2007.
- Developing and delivering strategic growth initiatives and future financial growth of the Environmental Standards Data Management Team.
- Responsible for all operational and strategic aspects of environmental data management, especially regarding accurate and timely deliverables, product development, quality of service, and decision-making.
- Design, build and oversee the execution of analytic solutions using various data techniques and tools and document these solutions and the technical data architecture.
Awards and Recognition
- Innovation in GIS Award (2022) – ESRI CIO Summit – Jack Dangermond
- Special Achievement in GIS Award (2021) – ESRI User Conference – Jack Dangermond
- Governor’s Award for Local Government Excellence – Governor Ed Rendell (2003)