Emergency Response Quality Assurance Oversight
You need EXPERTS working beside you during an emergency response. Leverage our EXPERIENCE with the largest environmental incidents in the United States.
When an environmental incident strikes, the immediate reaction is to engage many “players” – remediation firms, environmental consulting firms, and environmental laboratories – to initiate remediation and begin to assess the damage to natural resources. New procedures and new contracts that are atypical of non-emergency environmental operations are often required due to the urgency of the response. The volume of environmental samples and data gathered is overwhelming and challenges the quality systems already in place.
Timely toxicological information and guidance is a critical component in managing responses to chemical releases in the environment. As first responders at emergency responses, Environmental Standards QA team of chemists, sampling and data management professional provide assures that the first response air sampling data are accurate, defensible and readily accessible.
By engaging Environmental Standards for emergency response preparedness, our clients can be assured that data quality is maintained from the very beginning and that defensible data, from which emergency response decisions are made, are readily available for and shared with stakeholders during the cleanup.
From the first sample collected, our clients have the peace of mind knowing that they are working under a US EPA-approved Quality Assurance Project Plan and managing data in a manner compatible with US EPA’s Scribe environmental data management system.
Environmental Standards’ comprehensive Emergency Response QA Oversight Program includes:
- Establishing Repository for All Analytical Data
- Establishing Sampling Procedures for All Samplers (All Matrices)
- Separating Ourselves From Those Performing Sampling Work – We Are Independent
- Identifying and Contracting Analytical Laboratories
- Auditing Performance of Laboratories
- Creating Web-Based Data Sharing With Stakeholders
- Independently Validating Data
- Supporting Command Center Operations
- Training for Samplers
- Overseeing Sampling/Field Operations
- Preparing the Quality Assurance Project Plan (QAPP)
- Automating Chain-of-Custody (COC)
- Supporting Public Meetings/Community Relations
- Meeting With Regulatory Agencies and Project Stakeholders
As QA oversight providers for three of the largest environmental incidents in the United States, Environmental Standards is uniquely qualified to provide these emergency response QA services.